Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed Russ Thompson's turn signal and it works great. However, I want to cover the dash hole with one of Cobra Accessories' steering column bezels. Does anyone know if the bezel will fit over the turn signal assembly?

Thanks,
Jim Doak
FFR 2117

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Ok I am going to ask maybe a dumb question. I too have this turn signal and Mike Mack supplied an aluminum "spacer" type bezel..

In the set up the vw turn signal goes quite tight to the dash, the alum soacer next covers the FFR shaft and the new shaft extension and then the steering wheel slips right in nice and tight.. Looks like a good fit and if you tried to slip another bexel on the dash it would interfere?

am I messed up on this? :confused:

·
Senior Charter Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To install the bezel I'm talking about, I'll need to remove my steering wheel and upper column as a unit, then pull out Russ's turn signal assembly. I'll then slip the bezel over Russ's turn signal assembly, reinstall the turn signal, mount the bezel to the dash, then reinstall the steering wheel and upper steering column assembly. And hopefully the bezel will cover the hole in the dash that needed to be opened to fit the turn signal assembly.

Actually, my dash looks pretty good now, but a bezel is one of those little details that's pretty easy to do now since the body is off the car but will be just about impossible once the car's finished.

Jim Doak
FFR 2117

·
Senior Charter Member
227 Posts
RUSS I WILL TAKE ONE ALSO IF YOU ARE MAKING THEM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.