Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have two questions. I have FFR 4x4 headers, Breeze Unisteer Sport Ratio 3.3 turn steering rack and plan on going 302.

1. The diameter of the shaft on the rack that goes into the lower u-joint seems to be a lot smaller than the diameter of the hole in the lower u-joint? My shiping inventory from FFR says "87-93 Lower U Shaft with 3/4"-36 spine". This doesn't look right.

2. Back in February there were posts about the MKIII steering shaft not clearing the 4x4's and FFR was shipping replacement steering shafts. Is this still a problem and is the solution getting another shaft?

I'm trying to figure out if I have 1 problem or 2 so I can correct both now before I have the engine and find out I have the 4x4 header clearance issue. I can post pics of rack and u-joint if it will help. Thanks in advance.

·
Non-whiner
10,646 Posts
You have a manual rack and you need a different lower universal (9/16 hole). The one you have is for a power rack that has a 3/4. FFR will swap it for you. I don't know anything about your second question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts