Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a source for some inexspensive steel rims 17x8 and 17x9 or 9 1/2 to mount up my DRs or my auto x tires (not for show just race day)
( MK2 stock offset)

Thanks, Chief

·
Registered
316 Posts
When it finally happens (me building a Cobra), here's what I've had my eye on for a while...

http://www.cragar.com/WheelsDetail.asp?id=342

There's also a "Soft 8" model with round holes - not to mention the dozen other chrome versions.
Not sure how easy they are to get, yet. A few online places only carry the 15 and 16 inch sizes. But, they've got a dealer locator on the left side of the page.
Hope this helps!

·
3,645 Posts
US Wheels from Summit.

·
Charter Member
485 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
4,270 Posts
CraigS,
Thanks for the link! Looks like there are a LOT of choices for some of us 4-lug users WooHoo! Very similar to US Wheel in many aspects, but alot more choices as far as wheel widths and custom back spacing.

Could I see som pictures of your ride?

Also, thinking out loud, I bet that since these are made to order, you could order chrome rims and black centers.....maybe. We just need to find some nice spinners now! This would make a nice cheap solution for 4-lug owners with several options for back spacing and rim width.

[ August 31, 2005, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Rickster ]

·
3,645 Posts
I have the spinners

·
3,645 Posts
universal fit with a 2 7/8 diameter center

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,722 Posts
Rickster-here is a pic.i don't know if they do chrome and I doubt they do 2 colors on one wheel.think those options would be up to you.

·
471 Posts
Just a quick note on Diamond, Bassett and Aero, among others. These are lightweight steel rims, and whether spun or rolled they are for racing and are made from thinner material than required for most DOT approved wheels. Granted they are carrying a lot less weight than a 3500 pound stock car. A 15 X 10 that weighs only 22 lbs is great--but remember it is built primarily for track use only. Also most of them have 45 degree lug seats and must use 45 degree race nuts--a standard 60 degree nut is no good.

Balancing can be problem as some are lugcentric and can't be accurately balanced by clamping on a machine at the centerhole.

That being said I have a set of 15 X 8/15 X 10 for the track and they are light weight and truly a bargain--I love'em!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts