Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts

If there's less than 3/8", then the clutch arm hits the end of the adjuster. You could modify the clutch arm so this doesn't happen.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob... thanks.... well here is yet another twist to solve. While trying to be clever and get an extra legroom "inch or so" I chopped a small section from the petal box. Even though I have plenty of petal travel I now realize that my Steeda clutch quadrant (which had to also be modified) does not allow any clearance for the clutch adjuster... not even the 3/8" that you have. Well nothing a lathe couldn't solve... I'll turn a sleeve with a shoulder to move the clutch adjuster a little further away from the firewall.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an adjuster similar to that one. I had trouble with it screwing itself inwards causing the clutch cable to have too much slack in it. to stop that from happening I cut a piece of heater hose the right length then slit it lengthwise so that I could slip it over the threaded portion of the adjuster. I haven't had to readjust the cable in a long time(as in years).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts