Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved a Customers Coupe last night. It really has very little work completed. I will be checking whats done and removing a couple of things that will be changed. I will update this thread with pictures and info as I move along. Please note this car will be a track car so no frills. I will build it with the thinking that someone might want to use it on the street, so it will have all working lights, horn, directionals etc. I will wire it for heat and wipers, but it will have neither. Here are a few pictures of what I am starting with.
Mike

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks for documenting the build - I just received my kit, and look forward to seeing and learning from your experience.

-wayne

·
7,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally found some time to pick away at the Coupe. I spent most of the weekend drilling all the aluminum that I could. Also mounted most of the front suspension and steering.

This Coupe will have power brakes. I have psoted some of the pictures of that install.

Here is the power booster with one of my Custom Spacers installed.

·
Charter Member
2,612 Posts
Very nice Mike. I looked on your site and did not see the power brake booster spacer plate, is that new, or a one off. Do you plan to offer it? My booster barely clears the firewall bearing, even installed on the inside.

Rob

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Snake,

I did the opposite in that I made a spacer on the inside for the steering shaft bearing. That also clears the brake booster.

This puts the booster cleanly against the firewall.

John

·
Charter Member
2,612 Posts
Thanks John,
I have about 1/4" clearance now, with the bearing on the inside of the firewall, and the booster is against the firewall. I like the idea of a bit more clearance. If I recall, the bearing came with several shims which I could install inside and gain more, thanks for the idea.

Rob

·
Registered
598 Posts
Michael. Nice work. Almost there.!!! Just a bit of body work to go.!!! Sorry couldn't resist. I am just jealous I am projectless.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Good luck with your build!

If I were to do it again (Mk4 Roadster :sneaky2:), I would do the body first over a bare frame. Fitting the body/doors/hood on the chassis is essential. Doing this on a freshly powder coated, fully suspended chassis has its challenges.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.