Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Master Builder
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody is looking for a good thermostat, try the new Stant SUPERSTAT. I just installed one on "Wastehaulers" tall deck 351 (427).
The car has never in 5 years run with such a consistent coolant temperature. Was using the Mr.Gasket high flow. Stants web site says that this is the highest flow thermostat on the market and has a special v on the inner to allow air bubbles to bleed. It also says it regulates the coolant temp, (not just open or closed). It is also stainless steel and the flange is a little thicker than most I have seen. Now will just have to see if it lasts.

Kenny

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
I've used the MrGasket, RobertShaw, and another "performance" hi-flow in the past and all POS.
std. Stant 180°, 192°, 195° tested together at the same time ALL opened at the same time.
Super Stats have all been right on.. I use nothing but.. with the exception of MotorCraft from the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.