Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching and not a lot of references to the currently-supplied polished stainless steel can.

Before I drill some holes -- Does it go here:

Or here:

Or does it matter??

Or maybe at the peak of the driver footbox - just over the big wiring harness hole?

Also - I didn't get any hose clamps for the hose going from the can to the master cylinders - does the hose just press onto the plastic barbed fitting and is it supposed to be leak proof?

Thanks for any help on this.... Had some family stuff and other projects getting in the way of my build.

-wayne

·
Registered
954 Posts
I noticed mine weeped if I didn't have hose clamps on the lines even though they are low pressure.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill -
Thanks. I thought that would happen - brake fluid is really slick stuff and will leak from anywhere.

Chris -
Thanks! I wondered where you finalized that location - those home made cans look great.

-wayne

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,679 Posts
Actually those "home mades" look like original Cobra stuff. Wrong holders but the cans look original. I like it (and also have a set of three originals (new-Cobra Restorers in Kennesaw,Ga) with holders for sale!). I think I bought them first! Along with an original ash tray for the tranny cover aluminum and a set of Torque Thrust wheels! Probably not the correct assembly order but it worked for me!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
954 Posts
Where did you get those slick SS cans? I like those compared to the white plastic ones that come with the Wilwood setup. The only drawback I see is you can't tell the level at a glance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That can comes with the current complete kit. They look nice. Two would be better. May order another one when the time comes to install.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
polished ss brake rez cans

Bill -

Yes - my small shiny can is the one that comes with the Complete Kit. I believe the same thing is also supplied with the Roadster kit as well.

It is part 33892 from The Factory 5 Parts store. Yikes. $50 each. Here is a link:

Brake Reservoir Components - Factory Five Parts Catalog

I may order a second one as Rworthy said. Trouble is - you can't see thru them. So I may get the ones Chris suggested in an earlier post.

-wayne

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That can comes with the current complete kit. They look nice. Two would be better. May order another one when the time comes to install.
Just noticed this is your first post ---- welcome to the forum!

-wayne

·
Registered
954 Posts
Geez, here we go again spending money, but these sure do look better than mine and I've got 3 to replace!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts