Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to buy the stainless upper and lower radiator hoses from FFR but am wondering how they works together with one of those inline filler caps. Would I have to cut the stainless hose? Is this possible/advisable? Thanks.
J_B

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just bought some stainless steel radiator hose on ebay. The lower hose will be 36", the upper will be 36" as well. I have to split the upper into 12" and 24" to use my inline filler, so yes you have to cut into it. I believe the ones from FFR are 48" with 4 end caps in the kit. You will have plenty enough to do upper and lower if you get 2 kits. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Alex

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alex,
What did you get them for on ebay if you don't mind me asking? Also is 36" definitely long enough? I looked on ebay a few times but that savings was so minimal I was planning to go with the ones from FFR. Thanks.
J_B

·
FFR 4331
1,114 Posts
Re: in-line filler necks, avoid the cast Moroso POS. It leaks like an 80 year old man after a night of drinking. I switched to the billet CSI piece from Jegs. No more leaks...like a Depends for the the 80 year old man.

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
JB, the hoses are both flexible and easy to cut. I bought 2 hose kits. The short kit I used to come out the manifold and into the degas tank. The long kit came with 4 hose ends. I used that to cover the lower hose and the stubby hose between the degas and the top of the radiator. Here are some pics:

Hope this helps

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smackdown,
What lengths were the long and short that you used? 48" and 36" or something else? Also do you have any more pics showing the degas tank? I'm interested in how you set that up. Thanks.
J_B

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.