Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Advisor
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at doing a staggered wheel size. Mostly because I love the look of it, but I'm curious if there's too many cons to make it worth it.

Lack of being able to rotate wheels sounds like the biggest hassle. Are there other pitfalls I'd fall into?

If you have a photo of staggered sizes on yours, I'd love to see them!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,429 Posts
Are you looking at staggering diameter? The standard wheels are staggered width. There are quite a few hi perf cars that stagger diameter. Corvettes come immediately to mind since at least 2014.

·
Advisor
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was considering both as an option.
How big of a wheel can we go In these?

These are the rims I really like. The car will be all black. In this case it would be 17x9 and 17x10.5 deep dish

·
Charter Member
1,024 Posts
I run 17x9 front and 17x10.5 rear. I also have a set of 18x9 front and 18x10.5 rear to run on the track. I haven't had any issues with either sets other than the ability to get the tires I wanted. I had to go with 18" wheels for the track because it was difficult to get good track tires when I needed them. Things to be careful with (other than lug pattern) when choosing wheels; 1) is the backset / offset correct for your car, 2) can you get tires that properly fit the wheels you are considering, 3) will they fit with the brakes you have, 4) will the tire size you plan to use rub your chassis or fenders, and 5) the weight of the wheel might also come into play if it's important to you.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,429 Posts
Those are the exact correct wheels and are available in several colors. Fronts would be 17x9 w/ 6.0 back space.

·
Advisor
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fantastic. Yes, I went through the trouble to match my donor's axle with the options they have.

Robert, do you have a picture of your car with the 18s available? I was wondering if those would look too big.

·
Charter Member
1,024 Posts
Dave,
Here's one..

Oh, wait, not that one, this one...

After new paint, but it's a side shot and on a lift...

Robert

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow!! Very nice! Love the color. Not trying to de-rail the thread but can you share the paint color specs?

·
Charter Member
1,024 Posts
Thanks, I really like the way it turned out. It's also way better in person because the color has so much depth to it. The main body color is 2020 GT500 magnetic metallic. The green is the 2020 GT500 lime green. The stripe is a Honda competition white. All the paint is also covered with IGL Kenzo ceramic coating.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,429 Posts
For me anyway 17s look way different from 15s. But 18s? On an FFR by itself the 18s look the same as 17s. If two FFRs are parked together, then 18s are somewhat distinctive from 17s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts