Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE KNOW THE PROS AN CONS OF A STACKED EFI FOR A STREET CAR? GAS MILES? HP? ANYTHING?

·
section 8
5,136 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Johnny:

When guys use caps it is viewed as shouting.. You should use regular letters and caps just were you need them.

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Here's a recent thread on Stacked EFI. Doesn't have the info your requesting, but it'll sure get the juices flowing.

Stack EFI

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
Originally posted by JOHNNY813:
ANYONE KNOW THE PROS AN CONS OF A STACKED EFI FOR A STREET CAR? GAS MILES? HP? ANYTHING?
Pros
Gas mileage is generally 5-9MPG better than a carb.
Throttle response is better than any intake.
More HP/TQ than 750cfm car on single plane maifold.
Fabulous under hood look.
Fully adjustable Electronic engine control.

Cons
Expensive

·
Senior Charter Member
580 Posts
Wayne forgot the AIR FILTERS if you should want to drive it on the road. I started with 48IDA'S and went to STACK EFI on the H/M manifold. I have now built a 3X2V or 2X4V or Blower set up for my 351W by just changing the top plate on the 360* OFFY manifold.The STACKS are Bad for the street or trips but great for SHOWS and DRAG RACING. They will give you the most H.P. in the WOW dept.

·
Senior Charter Member
496 Posts
Also, Wayne didn't mention the tuning issues. It is an issue as there are some people that sold their stacks because they couldn't get them tuned properly. The type of computer you use is a significant factor in how succesful a stack installation will be.

Tuning can be difficult and time consuming especially if you are new to it like I was.

If you can afford them and have the time/patience to get them dialed in, there isn't a better option in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I would argue with Wayne on # 2 & 3 with a well tuned carb but you can't discount the WOW factor of the stack EFI setup or the down draft Webers. I had his Stack with the old SDS computer and could not get it to work right so I sold it to Viperdude. He set it up with the Redline and apparently it works great.

I understand the Redline is a much better system than the SDS without going all out to the Electromotive setup.

I love my Holly though. Simple to tune, lots of power, easy to take care and a bit less expensive.

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Wayne's EFI stacks with the Redline computer. Easy to tune with great displays, very responsive, and a badass look to boot!

·
5,559 Posts
Nels hit the nail on the head. The control system is the key! I've heard most of the hooror stories about tuning come from the guys who used the SDS. The looks alone are worth an extra 500hp in my book! :D

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts