Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Justa Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have about 1k miles on this baby and I have a squeak coming from the rear when I go over bumps.

I have tried to pin point the squeak and still can't find it. I am running 3-link, proshock coilovers, stock LCA's.

I have gone through the suspension, made sure the roll bars aren't rubbing the body, and made sure everything is tight.

could it be the stock LCA's w/ the rubber bushings? or could be the heim joints?

Help please

Thanks
OJ

[ April 30, 2004, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: O.J. ]

·
Charter Member
2,135 Posts
Not sure with the three link but mine was the nut holding the top of the shocks, you have coil overs. Still have a small squeak I need to find.

·
5,559 Posts
I had the same thing with my car, and it was the poly bushings in the FFR lowers. They had grease fittings, but the grease passages must not be channeled correctly. I took everything apart, and greased all of the joints and bolts by hand, and it cured the problem. I'm not sure if that will hep with stock lowers, but it can't hurt to grease the heim joints.

Brian

·
Justa Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try greasing the LCA's and heim joints.

anyone else wanna throw in their .02 please.

Thanks
OJ

·
Charter Member
1,495 Posts
Is it a suspension squeak or a brake squeak? I had squeaky brakes while driving which went away when brakes were applied. Drove me nuts. Wound up replacing calipers rotors and pads...twice, only to find our my axle was bent. .060 bend and .085 runout. Replaced shaft and it was good as new. Come to think of it...it was new. Mike

·
Justa Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike,
It is not coming from the brakes. I only hear this squeak when going over bumps or dips in the road.
Good guess, thanks
OJ

·
Justa Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Frank,
So your theory is that the water will temporarily stop the squeak and by only doing one or two areas at a time I should be able to pin point it?
I never heard of that, I like it, great tip, hope it works.
Thanks,
OJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts