Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously I fall into this group or wouldn't be posting this. A passenger door rattle that comes and goes has driven me nuts. Previously I have tightend the sriker to a point of stripping the chrome retainer nut as well as redoing weatherstripping and realigning the door. Finally today after a drive to work in the 30 degree New England weather, I found that the bushing in the striker plate was worn and moving within the the plate itself. Replaced the striker with a spare one I had and presto ...finally no more passenger door rattle!! Thought someone else might benefit from this.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,700 Posts
Cool-nothing like finally finding a solution to an annoying sound.I had one that I thought was in the front suspension somewhere.Replaced a few joints-hey they needed replacing anyway-w/o results.Finally one day was under the front of the car when it was jacked up and happened to wiggle the radiator a little-AaHa-the noise.Turns out the alum piece that holds the bottom of the rad was creaking where the edge rubbed on the fiberglass.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Mine was the ebrake cable slapping against the frame on every bump. It took a while to locate the problem but one zip-tie solved it.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
Congrat's on finding and fixing it. I've got one either in the dash or behind it. Rattles at about 2K RPMs. I can't figure out what's causing it and it drives me nuts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts