Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Yes. Mine is SPST (single pole, single throw). It is your basic ON-OFF switch.

Now if you have something like a heater fan or wiper, you may want something like a SPDT or DPDT (SP=single pole, DT = double throw, DP = double throw).

·
FFR raodaster Owner
312 Posts
depends on your wiring. My Ron Francis kit required a DPST switch for the flashers...

·
Over Engineerer
2,921 Posts
The Ron Francis kit probably requires dual poles to keep the right and left signals seperate. If you use a single pole switch you'll need to isolate the RH & LH circuits some other way (usually with a diode) or the turn signals will feedback through the hazard switch and make both sides flash instead of only one side.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I think you are going to need to use diodes to keep the left and right circuits seperate.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
Or use the SPST switch to control a DPST (or DPDT) relay.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Radio shack can help. You would like to have a standard diode rated at 5 amps min. You will connect from the switched side of the switch to two diodes one to the right turn wire and one to the left turn wire. If you don't use the diodes with the SPST switch both turn signals will flash when you go to use the directional turn signal.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Skunkman,
Go to.... my427sc.com,this is John Hudson's site and you will see diagrams of exactly how to wire your switch plus the diodes required.
Paul M.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts