Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The spring perch that bolts to the frame has 4 bolt holes in it but the frame only has 2 holes to mount to, am i missing something or did ffr forget to drill 2 holes.

ken

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stock rear end, stock springs, the spring perch that the spring screws on. where it bolts to the frame has 4 bolt holes,2 verticle and 2 horizontal, the 2 verticle holes look like they should bolt to the rectangular tube that goes across the frame behind the seats but there are no holes drilled. sorry but i have not figured how to post pics yet !

ken

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,508 Posts
I think you probably have the MKIII. I beleive they make the spring perches a bolt on item where the older cars were welded on. You'll probably have to find someone who has the MKIII to find your answer. Sorry.

·
Senior Charter Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, i guess i need to add a little more info with my questions, yes it is a mark III and the spring perch is a bolt on item, 4 bolt holes and 4 bolts w/nuts for each spring perch but only 2 holes in the frame to attach too !

Hopefully i'll figure out how to attach pics soon !

thanks for the replys ken

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Hey Ken,
Well I went to FFR's website and saw the picture of the bolt-on perch. It wasn't clear as to how many bolts are needed. Do you have a MKIII Manual? What's the parts list say for that step? Four bolts? I would have a hard time believing it would be held on with only two by design. I think they must have left out a couple holes.
Sorry dude. You might try posting on one of the Pro Builders forums. I've yet to see my first MKIII.

Here's a little tip on bolt installation. Always consider how you're going to get them out later after panels and body are on. Make it easy on yourself in where you put the bolt head and where you put the nut. You may want to remove these some day to go to coilovers.

d.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Junior Charter Member
177 Posts
The manual does not answer your question.
I e-mailed FFR [after business hours], and
if I don't get an answer Monday, I'm going to give them a call. Thats the way I normally
get my questions answered. Always works for me.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts