Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to get some serious interest in a Spring Mountain Cruise-in , in the N.E.Georgia/Western N.C. mountains....It is a great time of year (provided the sun is shining)...I'm thinking the weekend after Easter, and two weeks before the Mitty, to shake out those late Winter/early Spring projects...
The weekend of April 14th , to be exact.
This could be an overnighter, for those coming from further away....It would include meals, a Poker run, burnouts, and just a great drive through the mountains....Rain date would be April 21st...The Walter Mitty is scheduled for the weekend of the 28th (for those concerned about going there)....Who's in????? I will coordinate the restaurants and motels. (Obviously we will need to know how many). :D

[ January 12, 2007, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Barry ]

·
361 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun. Just starting on my roadster so not to sure if I will be finished in time. Thats about four months away. A beautiful drive in the NGeorgia/Western N.C. mountains is a great reason to get into high gear building this thing.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for signing on...Hopefully all cars will be ready, but even in gel-coat, bring it anyway...
As long as the mechanics are working, and you meet DOT , you'll be fine...
Several people have emailed me, and I'm hoping to get a big enough group to make a real showing...
More cars mean more fun!!!
If you're not finished , hitch a ride in someones Cobra...Passengers , and wives will be welcome.
Tim....glad you're on board...
AAMW...We're only 2 hours from Chattanooga.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,934 Posts
If mine is legal by then I'm in. Should be go carting in another week or so.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O.k....No Big Boys....Looks like lunch at Harrah's
Garden Cafe (In the hotel)Depending on number of people.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Mr Barry, would love to. I have been looking for a spring cruise now that I am on the road.

Looking forward to more details.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great to have more on board....Here's the rough plan , as I currently see it...
For people who need to stay overnight, the Ramada Inn (Hiawassee) , next to Shoney's, will be the center of activity...Friday night,check in,.. for those that are coming a long way.
Or, for those who can, meeting at Shoneys (next door to the Ramada),Saturday morning at 8a.m....
They have a meeting room in the back.
We have a "hearty" breakfast meeting with introductions/registration....Five volunteers will leave before finishing meeting, and will drive on to their poker-run stations....
9:30 form up at Ramada parking lot, and leave at 1 minute intervals (map in hand) to the 5 check points...each card is $1., winner take all...6 cards max. More rules later....Everyone waits at the last check point, and we form up , and drive on to Harrah's in Cherokee, N.C...
It will be about 11:00....Everyone has two hours to gamble, shop , whatever, then return to Harrah's hotel Garden Restaurant for lunch. (1:00 to 2:00). Form up at Harrah's at 2 , and leave for return trip , via the Nantahala Gorge...and Robbinsville, Andrews, Hayesville N.C....This puts us back at Ramada around 4...
At this point, things are flexible...Possible to tie in with the local car-club cruise-in, at 5:30,(If they are willing to delay their usual weekend, and do it with us), Otherwise, we have our own car show at the Ramada....This till 6:30, when we move out to the Barn Door for food and brewskies....
Sunday, a.m., we can form up , and drive to the Brasstown Valley Resort for goodby breakfast,(expensive), or have breakfast at Hayesville Family Restaurant, for a good , but inexpensive sendoff.....
Well, that's the basic plan...Obviously , there is time to make changes, but I will need volunteers , for the poker run, and helpers for sign-ins , badges, etc.....
If you have input, either email me, or post it...
I'm also posting on the Southeast forum.

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Last time there I poured a lump of cream into my coffee.

I was going to drink it, but nobody would go $50 bucks on it.

Guess its better I didn't.

·
Senior Charter Member
381 Posts
I would love to go but the wife is due (baby#2) in May.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,335 Posts
This sounds like a great trip. I am tentavivly in. The only reason is someone has to keep an eye on Tim...he gets a little wild at these parties....:>)
Gerry

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know this is a way off, but these plans have to be set up well in advance, to be sure of locations, and participation...
CPIERRE..bring the babies! (LOL)

·
Registered
813 Posts
I too am not nearly finished...but would love to be included somehow, perhaps along the snake path. I will be more conclusive once I am closer to getting on the road...for now, I shall just drool with the others.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
Sounds great Edward. It's on the calendar.
Just what we'll need to kick off the Spring season.

Can't wait to see everyone. I'll work on my card-shark skills. What brand of cards did you say you were using??????????

Now you guys, still building....you'll need to take a build break and join in with the mini-vans. Transportation's optional but presence is expected.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good deal...Thanks for getting involved...Don't worry if you don't have your car yet, you can drive anything....Anyone who wants to help with the setup and poker run is welcome , whether their car is in the works or you drive it...
Hope everyone got their Christmas wish.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts