Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you couldn't tell from my previous posts working on vehicle with Electronic Computer Control is a new world for me so you will have to forgive some of the strange (stupid) questions. I getting ready to do a test start in the near future. I need to set the timing since I replaced the timing gears and removed the distributor. The Chilton's says to remove the inline "SPOUT connector" before setting the timing. True to form the Chilton's does not provide a picture. Is this the unit located inline with the wiring to the distributor? Do you just pull the plug-in out of the connector? What should the timing read after the "SPOUT" is put back in? Any other suggestions or procedures on timing the engine or do you set the timing as you would normally and reinstall the "SPOUT"?

Thanks,

Glenn

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
Follow the TFI harness up about 5" and you'll find a little black plug and recepticle. The plug just disconects one wire from the TFI to the computer.

·
Senior Charter Member
355 Posts
Removing the spout connector is similar to pulling the vacuum line off of the old vacuum advance distributors. Pull it out, set the timing, and put it back in.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts