Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to take the whole car to the body shop this weekend.Should i install the front and rear slash shields before taking it .The body shop will be lining up the doors ,hood ,and trunk and then removing the body and i will be bringing the frame home.If i do need to install the slash shields will they need to be removed before removing the bodt at the shop. Thanks Greg

·
Senior Charter Member
198 Posts
Greg,
It is your decision, I would get them and try and fit them up a little but would wait until I got the body back. It is suggested that you put a rivet in the corner of them to the body but that would be a personal prefrence. Also don't forget you are supposed to add the bulb seal to them so don't forget to add that space to your mock up.
Todd

·
Just Pluggin Along
1,175 Posts
I just finished mine last night and the car has been on the road for a couple months. Very easy to do once the body is painted and on the car.

·
5,573 Posts
They are generally done after the body work is complete...but beware the front ones often are used to push out the side of the body near the exhaust openings to determine how much needs trimming around the pipes. In many cases the pipes interfere with the body without the body being pushed outward some...So temporarily fit them, mark your exhaust cutouts then they can come off again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts