Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Charter Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my front end togther on FFR3306

(1994 SN95 spindles with 1999 PBR AL calipers, FFR Comp brackets to fit the SN95 spindles)

The FFR kit cam with 4 heavy duty grade 8 nuts & bolts that look like they might fit, but are about 1/8" too short - the threads do not go to the end of the nut when mounted on the bracket.

My questions are: Is the manual telling me to use the old bolts from the donor??

If these are not for this bracket, whare do I use these bolts?

Unfortunatly I do not have donor bolts because I get my spindles from stangparts.com and will not have a donor for another month or two.

Thanks, John S

·
Rip Snortin Post Maniac
1,044 Posts
Donor bolts. I had to go to a U-Pick junk yard to get some. Ones from a 4 cylinder will work fine. Take one from each side of 2 different cars and you don't have to worry about the spring decompressing. :eek: The ones you have sound like the bolts that hold the upper control arms to the frame.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,708 Posts
you can go to Ford and buy the spindle to strut bolts. It's call a strut bolt kit and the run about $12 a side. The bolts you talk about that came in the kit are probably the upper control arm mounting bolts.

[ March 12, 2002: Message edited by: Gordon Levy ]

·
Charter Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I am off to the local yard or Ford to get a set.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Try to find new ones at your Ford dealer. The nuts are really "one-time" use. They deform somewhat after torquing, and you won't get the same value the second time. Ford recommends not re-using them when changing struts. If you need part numbers I can get them tomorrow.

·
Charter Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks OLDGUY - good advice! I will stop at Ford today and try my luck.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Ford Part Numbers for future reference:

Nuts: N800236 S101-4 or S-436
Bolts: N808788 S428

Above numbers are both 4-packs.

I have an extra set if you can't find them.

Happy motoring

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Most auto parts stores will carry a similar part. We get them new from the parts store. Look just like the Ford part but a little less money. Cheers Richard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts