Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several threads about how to do this but can't seem to get it done. Does any one know what brand of elec. spedo came with the 3.1 complete kit three years ago. I think Autometer but not sure. When I press the button on the small cable I do not get a calibration screen. I get a screen that shows Trip and a square that says B/W. On the Autometer tech site it says the needle will go to full sweep at first then 1/2 way while driving the 2 miles then go to 0 when you press the button at the end at full stop. Mine registers the MPH at 0 from start and the miles count up ok but the actual speed is off by about 15 MPH. Anybody go thru this with theirs?

Thanks,

Jim in Pa

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
If it's the electronic speedo with the LCD box at the bottom for mileage, then it's probably the one made by SpeedHut in Utah. Do a search here or on-line and you should be able to get their contact info. Very good company to work with.

·
Master Student
1,499 Posts
If it looks something like this, it's a Speedhut. They used to have the instructions posted on their website, nevertheless, they are awesome to work with.

Here is how you do it:
  • With power on, press and hold the button for 10 seconds (speedo will enter calibration).
  • Press and release button until it reads PPM (miles) icon is selected (looks like a strait road).
  • Press and hold for 3 seconds to select PPM.
  • LCD will prompt you to press and release button to start calibration.
  • Drive 2 miles.
  • Press and release button after 2 miles to complete calibration

If it isn't working like this, call them (801) 221-1460.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cant you please post a picture, my gagues comes from SpeedHut, I ordered the kit almost three years ago. I can also recommend the tech support at SpeedHut, fast and skilled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.