Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find out what speedo gear I need. 1987, 302, AOD, 2.73 rear gears. Please help. Did a search and came up empty on my combo. Thanks. Steve.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,025 Posts
FFR FAQ go to Speedometer Information. Hours of fun. Unfortunately it won't help with the internal gear.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Maddog, Check out www.hanlonmotorsports.com. Scroll all the way down and you'll find a trans. gear calculator. It'll get you close, mine called for a 19 tooth gear, but I actually wound up using a 21 tooth. It's within 1-2 mph now. Good luck, Randy Richards

·
Senior Charter Member
1,639 Posts
Mike Forte has them.... I just switched mine... If you need a red one I've got it for no charge....

Mike

·
Registered
867 Posts
I ordered my cable and gear from Mike Forte. I gave them the setup I had and it works perfect. I watched the speedo on the dino up to 130 mph and it was dead nuts.

·
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered one from Mike Forte many weeks ago. He said he ordered me one. He said they came in and he was shipping me one. Still haven't received one. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm trying to find out what color I need so I can get one locally. Breeze said they don't carry AOD gears. Thanks. Steve

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,784 Posts
Steve,
Per the Ford Racing Catalog, the 2.73 AOD speedometer gear is a 17 tooth (read above the chart)for a 7 tooth driven gear (pre 90 AOD)the color is green and the Ford part number is C7SZ-17271-A. If you are 90 and up, use an 19 tooth gear, color tan, Ford p/n C7VY-17271-A.
Best regards,
Chuck

·
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Chuck. I knew someone out there would know. I appreciate your helping me out. Hope to be driving alot in the spring. Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts