Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all

Im wiring up my Mk 4 roadster dash gauges and I see that there are no inverter wires connected to the gauges. I did not get an inverter in my kit so Im assuming all the electronics are now in the gauges themselves , the headlight switch now being the dimmer control? Its confusing as the RF wiring instructions and the speedhut instruction sheets both mention a gauge lighting inverter.

I have added several more speedhut gauges for a total of twelve including the speedo and tach. Can I connect them all together in the daisy chain fashion that is provided for in the RF harness?

All advice appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I don't have personal experience with the very latest version of the Speedhut gauges. But what I've heard from others is that Speedhut changed from the electroluminescent backlighting to LED backlighting. So the AC inverter is no longer required. However, the LED lighting still isn't compatible with the variable voltage dimmer on the headlight switch. You should still have a Speedhut provided dimmer. And they can all be daisy changed together as before. If in doubt, I'd give Speedhut a call. My experience with their customer service has been good.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Just hooked up an older set that has been sitting on my shelf for a few years & an inverter came with it. Give them a yell if you think you are missing any parts. They are real good about standing behind their product. Speedhut wire is pretty light gauge & in my case the daisy chain limit was 8 gauges. So you really need to check with them.

Just for info what are your extra gauges? Mine are basic - Speed, Tach, Oil Temp, Oil pressure, Water temp, Fuel & Volts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good day all

I spoke with Speedhut a few days ago end evidently the FFR built manual and the speedhut instruction sheets are incorrect for the most recent mk 4 complete kits. The gauge back and pointer lighting is now LED and there are no provisions for dimming it so the only connections now are the red/white/black plugs for each gauge being daisy chained together and the sensors plugs connected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts