Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to make sure I understand this.
Plug in the pigtail and hold down the button. The needle will move between full and empty. Push button to set point. Guage goes back to normal operation. Repeat steps to set the other point.
Ok been there done that trying to set empty with 3 gallons. When it bounces on E and I press the button it goes to 3/4 tank when it exits calibration. I know it won't work correctly until I set full but should it exit and go to 3/4 after I set E? I don't want to fill the tank at this time just to see if thats the result.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
I have calibrated all of my speedhut gauges except the fuel gauge. I can never get the low side set correctly. Finally gave up and called Wade at speedhut, since I know that it is a ford sender, he will program it for me on his bench. I know that this is the easy way out, but I still need to get it out of the car and send it off.

·
Registered
216 Posts
3K - If you don't have the floor in the trunk just remove the sending unit from the tank, raise the float to the top and calibrate the full tank setting with the sending unit out of the tank.

Then you can easily recheck where the gauge reads after your finished without having to fill/drain the tank.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts