Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first post because I can usually find all the answers I need on this forum. However, after a couple hours of searching I just can't figure this one out. I have the RJM fuel injection harness and the RF chasis harness. Both have a plug for the VSS. Which one (or both) do I use? What do I do with the other one? I think whichever one I use is going to need to be spliced for the FFR Autometer speedometer but not sure. This has to be be a common setup so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Hello,

This is my first post because I can usually find all the answers I need on this forum. However, after a couple hours of searching I just can't figure this one out. I have the RJM fuel injection harness and the RF chasis harness. Both have a plug for the VSS. Which one (or both) do I use? What do I do with the other one? I think whichever one I use is going to need to be spliced for the FFR Autometer speedometer but not sure. This has to be be a common setup so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Use whichever one you want, this is a very simple circuit, One wire from the VSS goes to ground, the other to the white wire on the speedo, Thats it. Nothing more complicated than that. Just cut the other one off and forget it. (of course tape it up in your harness neatly and properly)

This assumes you are only asking about the speedo and not any requirement of whatever fuel /computer you are using.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RE63 but its the EFI computer portion that I'm trying to figure out. I'm thinking I'm going to run the EFI harness plug back there so it will be tied into the computer. Then I can cut and cap the chassis harness plug. I can then just pull the fuse out of the fuse box if there is one. I can splice the feed to the computer to go to the speedo. Sound right?

·
FFCobra Captain
11,721 Posts
Guys will say you can run the car fine without the VSS integrated into the computer...but my experience was different. With my first car, it would stall if I was approaching a stop light and would press the clutch and coast up to the light.

With the VSS installed, the computer senses the drop in speed and will compensate to stop it from stalling out. Once I connected the VSS, my stalling problem went away.

So I would keep the one with that's on the computer harness and then splice into that for the speedo. Maybe split that wire with a connector so you can unplug the speedo if you ever need to remove it or you change your mind later and ditch it all together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.