Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my solution for the single feature button provided with the FFR Speedhut gauges. I wanted full access to all 4 gauges which can be changed/calibrated. Cost about $20 and an hour of my time. I now do not need the button provided with the gauges. If anyone needs one they are welcome to it for the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I did the calibration "patch panel" pretty much as outlined on the Mk4 build site

Gauge Calibration Patch Panel [FFR Roadster][]=calibration

but really like the idea of dedicated buttons so that when the little supplied "calibration cord" is lost ... and I know it will get lost .. I'd still be able to access the gauges for calibrations, the trip odometer function and so on.

So (and here comes a coupla dumb questions 'cause it's way too early to be awake yet and I'm NOT going out for the Black Friday "celebrations") ...

1. Where did you guys get the "little switches" (I assume it was Radio shack or similar ... with a part number or more info* being most welcome), and

2. Safe to assume you just cut the plug end off a short patch cable and soldered the wires to the switches?

Inquiring (and very sleepy) minds will appreciate the additional information.

Thanks

Lynn

(* e.g. type of switch ... momentary, on-off, or whatever)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 4 pack of micro monmentary normally open buttons came from Radio Shack and is P# 275-1547. You just cut the end off of the 3.5mm extension cables and solder 2 wires to the switch. Heatshrink then ties it all together. There are 3 wires....Bare, Black, and Red. The gauges are looking for a closure or shorting of the #2 & #3 contact points on the connector tip. #1 would be the very tip of the plug so it is the 2 points closest to the cable. In my case it was the bare and red wires but different manufactures might use different colors. I would double check it with a meter yourself.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The 4 pack of micro monmentary normally open buttons came from Radio Shack and is P# 275-1547. You just cut the end off of the 3.5mm extension cables and solder 2 wires to the switch. Heatshrink then ties it all together. There are 3 wires....Bare, Black, and Red. The gauges are looking for a closure or shorting of the #2 & #3 contact points on the connector tip. #1 would be the very tip of the plug so it is the 2 points closest to the cable. In my case it was the bare and red wires but different manufactures might use different colors. I would double check it with a meter yourself.
Many thanks!

Lynn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.