Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new speedo cable and the NAPA guy asked, "did the car have cruise control?" I said "I don't think so, no." So he gave me a cable and it doesn't have the sensor(speed sensor?) on it as my old beat up cable. So I guess my donor did have cruise control and since my cobra won't, will the cobra run OK since it won't have the plug, plugged into the sensor. If you know what I mean. I can't return the cable now and like ther idea of cutting out some more wiring. :D

·
Senior Charter Member
474 Posts
No cable will have a VSS - vehicle speed sensor - on it. The differnce is a factory cruise control equiped car has a speedo cable that is made to plug into the VSS, the other cable attaches directly onto the speedo driven gear.

The VSS also keeps the engine idle high until the car slows to below 5 mph. This helps avoid stalling when the clutch is depressed. Some have issues and some don't. If you've already elimiated the wiring to the VSS I wouldn't worry about it too much.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I tryed to run without a VSS....it was always trying to stall on decel.I tryed to make it work without the VSS many different ways with no success.I put the VSS back in and no more problem.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i'll try to attach the sensor.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,034 Posts
I don't run a speed sensor or any other trans harness wires on my FFR. Never had any problem. You have to spilce the nuetral saftey wires together.
Jeff Hamilton

1 - 5 of 5 Posts