Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any info on this shortblock form FRPP? I checked in their online catalog but couldn't find any info.

Will

·
Junior Charter Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gee Richard, thanks for the help. I knew I could count on you :rolleyes:

·
Former Roadster Owner
1,861 Posts
Wilbur,

Is that the Explorer 302 Shortblock or the 347 shortblock?--They both use the "6009" with in their part numbers.--If it's the 347, the summit catolog has the basic info on the engine.
If you want to do custom 302 or even a 331/347 let me know. I have a 302 sitting in my garage.--No pressure though, sometimes buying something finished is just eaiser.--Just letting you know I'll help you built it if you want.--Good Luck

Dan Glenn

·
Junior Charter Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan,

Thanks. I've got a 302 spare at home also but I don't know what way I want to go with it. Actually I've got a question about a set of heads I saw on the cheap. I'll give you a can and get an opinion

·
Former Roadster Owner
1,861 Posts
Looking at another catolog I see that ALL ford shortblocks use the "6009" number.

I have info on the following:

6009-c58
6009-b50
6009-c50
6009-t50

Prices range from $900-$1500

The main differences are the piston material, Compression ratio, and camshaft. The C58 uses a sportsman block, plasma moly rings and 3/8" connecting rod bolts.--Other than that it's just a 302.

I'm not sure how these compare to the F77z-6009-BA you are refering to.

--Dan Glenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.