Factory Five Racing Forum banner

spats photo

832 views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  dv/dt 
#1 ·
Adhesive backed cork, crinkle painted to match exhaust, should protect pretty well

See less See more
#4 ·
That's a great idea!

Greg

#7 ·
Cool idea, but you'll get caught in the rain someday (unless you're in the part of Cali that's in the desert) or will go through some puddles and they'll get wet.

#10 ·
Be careful saying never in the rain. A group of us left on a Saturday morning run up through the foothils East of Fresno. Sunny and nice in Fresno, started to get cloudy at Pine Flat Lake, turned to rain and hail within minuets. Two open top cars on the trip, the 68GT500 put its top up, the FFR roadster got wet. You can get caught in the rain in California!

#11 ·
Originally posted by mike allen:
this car will never see rain, legal in Kalifornia w/o wipers!!!!!!!
Ohhhhhh, you're tempting fate there. I've never been caught in rain, but have been caught in a downpour about 5 times....including 2 years ago coming home from the FFR open house. Your car will get wet. I also have no wipers (yet) or a top. I do like the spats, by the way.

#13 ·
Ok, ok, ok if I should get caught in the rain, i've got 3 coats of "wrinkle" paint on the cork, and if it gets screwed up, i've got the template and some more cork material, a couple of hours work. I was going to put the FFR carbon fiber spats on, but didn't think it looked too "period correct".

#15 ·
No chance of rain until Sat so I'm driving to work tomorrow.

Mike, Great work on the spats, How about some full side shots of the car?

#17 ·
Originally posted by mike allen:
this car will never see rain, legal in Kalifornia w/o wipers!!!!!!!
LOL, doesn't Sergio live in CA??!

But seriously, looks very good!

Cheers, Rod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.