Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,569 Posts
Looks good. Where did you get the cork from? Looks like a very effective and economical solution.

·
Senior Charter Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Home Depot, keeping the rest of the roll, and the template, in case it gets beat, better than the paint, considering fixing it looks like you get to re-paint the whole thing, to do it right.

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
26,021 Posts
That's a great idea!

Greg

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
It does look nice but won't the cork swell from moisture when you wash the car?

·
Senior Charter Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All this car gets is wax/clay bar/Cal Duster/Chamois etc. can't see washing a roadster with no top.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Cool idea, but you'll get caught in the rain someday (unless you're in the part of Cali that's in the desert) or will go through some puddles and they'll get wet.

·
3,798 Posts
Be careful saying never in the rain. A group of us left on a Saturday morning run up through the foothils East of Fresno. Sunny and nice in Fresno, started to get cloudy at Pine Flat Lake, turned to rain and hail within minuets. Two open top cars on the trip, the 68GT500 put its top up, the FFR roadster got wet. You can get caught in the rain in California!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
Originally posted by mike allen:
this car will never see rain, legal in Kalifornia w/o wipers!!!!!!!
Ohhhhhh, you're tempting fate there. I've never been caught in rain, but have been caught in a downpour about 5 times....including 2 years ago coming home from the FFR open house. Your car will get wet. I also have no wipers (yet) or a top. I do like the spats, by the way.

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
Grasshopper..

You will at some point drive in rain.

Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, ok, ok if I should get caught in the rain, i've got 3 coats of "wrinkle" paint on the cork, and if it gets screwed up, i've got the template and some more cork material, a couple of hours work. I was going to put the FFR carbon fiber spats on, but didn't think it looked too "period correct".

·
Registered
904 Posts
If you get caught in the rain you will just float
:rolleyes: :D
What kind of glue did you use and how did you keep it in place

·
Premium Member
5,527 Posts
No chance of rain until Sat so I'm driving to work tomorrow.

Mike, Great work on the spats, How about some full side shots of the car?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Will the innovation ever cease? Now you can pin up notes saying "Try not to burn your leg".

Actually I'm leaning to a removable leather spat. I read somewhere that the originals were leather, and I'd like to be able to have both looks and the protection when necesary.

My 00.0200

·
Premium Member
16,561 Posts
Originally posted by mike allen:
this car will never see rain, legal in Kalifornia w/o wipers!!!!!!!
LOL, doesn't Sergio live in CA??!

But seriously, looks very good!

Cheers, Rod

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.