Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a stroked 408W. Since this isn't a stock 351, what spark plugs are recommended and what is the recommended gap? Would NGK-BKR7E fit the bill?

What about thermostat? 180* or 195*? I'm thinking the 180*.

This is the problem with other than stock, you have to ask people for the tried and true solutions.

Curtis

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
that's a little too advanced of a question for me, but all i can say is that any type of platinum plug is not worth the money. every time i used them, either for performance or my honda, they didn't last near a long as they were supposed to.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,543 Posts
180* thermostat should be fine for your application unless you experience some high temps over there on the left coast!

As for spark plugs, you need to first know what heads you have. Cast iron heads take different plugs than do aluminum heads. You dont have any power adders so a regular heat range would be fine. If you are running aluminum heads I would recommend Autolite 3924's. You could always call Wayne and see what he recommends with the stack fuel injection. HTH

Mike

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
My carbed 351W likes 180 degrees. Plugs depend on what heads you are using. Heat range is another matter. I recently switched to NGK with Brodix heads but they always looked foulded despite good AF reads. I dropped one step colder and that made a big difference. I have always run 40-45 gap with either the Brodix or GT40X.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts