Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
7,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be fun if FFR owners got together one night for dinner or Lunch. It would be a great networking oppertunity and fun to meet everyone. More the mary. Lets see how many would come and a good place to have it. Remember it would have to be a place that can handle a few people. Lets see.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,019 Posts
Hooters by the airport

·
FFCobra Fanatic
7,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What airport are you talking about?
TF Green.
I was thinking somthing more closer to the north. I was thiking Crazy Horse is West Bridgewater. Good location for everyone. All ideas welcomed. Once we have a good amount of people and a good night we can book it.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
7,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great the more the better. I would like to do it around Boston or just south so that way more people are willing to come. Even off of 95.I am going to keep it going to see if it will happen.

·
3,997 Posts
Maybe we should do this the same night as we do the "go-cart" racing
I would love to go and wish you all the luck organizing. I'm open to location. It has been my experience that it is difficult to get NE folks to commit to an event unless it is held at Mecca (read FFR in Wareham).

Henry

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
Piccadilly in Franklin is close to the Go Cart track in Foxboro as well.

Mecca - now that was funny, but so very true :(

·
Supermoderator
12,393 Posts
My personal, uninformed, unsolicited opinion is that Saturday nights are what is keeping your turnouts low for these events. The 2 prior go-kart deals fizzled because of it (I think), and this one isn't exactly burning up the airwaves. Maybe a Saturday DAY would be better, like go-karts from 9 'till noon and then a caravan to a good lunch place.

·
2,372 Posts
Great idea!
But the 16th is the wife's birthday,no go for me.
I think that Joe is correct in his observation of Saturday night events.Most of us with family just can't get away.

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
I suppose then it depends on how old your kids are because evenings are it for me. Also you are going to get a much smaller turnout during an early spring day than evening. Try going to a Home Depot or an automotive parts store any Saturday now, the lines are 50 people deep! Everyone is beginning their outdoor activities now and fertilizing the lawn is a bit difficult at night unless you are wearing a Coalminers helmet (you provide those to your crews don't you Shawn? ;) ).

1 - 20 of 74 Posts