Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was searching for a donor, I visited a junk yard in the Spartanburg area (I think) that had nothing but Mustangs and old Fords in it. Since then I've completely forgotten the name and location of the place. A friend of mine needs a bumper and fender for his Fox GT, and he asked me if I could remember the place.

Has anybody else here been to this yard and remember the name of it?

Thanks.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
I was there once but dang if I can remember the name of the place myself. I know it's north of town but couldn't even give you directions. About the best I can do is tell you that Daniel Cox got his donor from them. He'll know who it is for sure. Check your mail. I gave you some info on how to contact him.

Rick

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
Cobra3657 - Does your friend need a GT front bumper cover? I have one from my '87 GT. I've been trying to sell it and think I've got a deal but the guy's money order never showed. He said he sent another out today. :rolleyes: It might be weak but I'd be willing to sell it local if this is what your buddy wants.

·
Senior Charter Member
584 Posts
I know the place. Bought a few parts from them for my build. I wouldn't return to buy anthing from them ever again. If you want details email me . No need to completely flame them here. I will say this
The first time when I walked in and told them I was building a Cobra replica the guy told me I was CRAZY and they should build me a street rod. :mad: Enough said.
Place a post in the wanted section of the forumn.
Good luck,
Steve

·
Senior Charter Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the place. For future searchers:

Mason's Hot Rod
(864)585-4491

C5+M3, I'll pass on your warning to my friend.

When I went there to visit, they were very nice. I think I talked to Jerry Mason. He took me out in the yard and showed me around. I didn't buy anything, but they didn't try to hard-sell anything on me either. Apparently he used to have a big-block Cobra replica and sold it because it was too much to handle. Didn't try to persuade me away from it, though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cobra3657- glad you got my message.

C5+M3- Yeah, I know where you're coming from. Allen Mason (son) can be "hard to take" sometimes, if ya know what I mean. The first time I went there he tried to sell me on the hot rod thing too. Jerry Mason (father) is who I got my donor from and he is totally opposite of Allen. Jerry's very friendly, helpful, and yes he built an Everett-Morrison w/ a 427 in it, but has since sold it to another guy in Spartanburg.

:D

Daniel C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.