Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into a store for 20 mins today and came out to find one of my Whitby fake halibrand inserts missing. I parked too far away for security cameras to help.

Anyway I really like this look for my car but as Whitby doesn't sell these anymore I don't know where I might find a replacement. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
Man does that suck. I have the same inserts and have always wondered what I'd do if they were stolen or one of them cracked because they just aren't making them anymore. The only choice as far as I can tell is replacement wheels or simply stick with the chrome rims without the inserts.

I bought mine in '01 and since that time I think Whitby has stopped making them. Unless someone has a set in their garage because they switched to a different wheel, I think you're out of luck. Try Whitby just in case. Maybe they have the old fiberglass mold and will do a run.

Rick

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
A pic may help someone that bought a car with the wheels and switched to pin drive or something else.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did send a note to Whitby's. I hope they have a spare or even a mold. I'd be willing to learn how to make these as it seems a number of folks could be affected by the same thing.

Here's a pic for those who don't know what the inserts are. The black inner part of the wheel is actually plastic held on by the spinner. The rim is just a standard chrome steel rim.

I'm even considering trying to make a mold using one of the other inserts as a template but don't know the first thing about that. If anyone can point me in a direction there, I'd appreciate it...

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts