Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering replacing the cast Willwood pedals that came in my complete kit with the newer style forged pedals. Does anyone know where I can get them and what part #s I need for the conversion?

Jeff

· Junior Charter Member
2,071 Posts
Just a guess

Jeff:

Have you considered calling Wilwood? (805) 388-1188 or wilwood.com

They should sell those as a replacement for the cast pieces.

Ron

· Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi Jeff,
I sell the new forged pedal kits and the old cast ones too. I also make conversions to quadrant at the pedal instead of offset a quadrant.

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff, I think Mike Forte sells them also. I am curious as to why you want to change them though. Just as a precaution?
As a precaution. I freak out every time I read one of those "My Willwood pedal broke" threads.
I inspected mine last night and sprayed some WD40 on it to make the squeaking go away. I didn't see any cracks or really anything wrong.

Jeff

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Willwood kit PN 340-12044 includes the two pedals. It can be purchased from them for $119. I took the foot box cover off last night. It looks like a real pain to change.

Jeff

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jeff,
I sell the new forged pedal kits and the old cast ones too. I also make conversions to quadrant at the pedal instead of offset a quadrant.
Mike

I'm interested in your quadrant mod. Would I have to make a new hole in the front of the foot box for the cable since the quadrant is moved over? For whatever reason I can't picture how to do this without major changes. Is it possible to do on a completed car?

Jeff

· Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi Jeff,
A new hole for the firewall adjuster would be required with a custom machined pedal & quadrant..

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jeff,
A new hole for the firewall adjuster would be required with a custom machined pedal & quadrant..
Mike

What does this cost? Do you have any pictures of the pedal? Does it look similar to the Willwood pedal?

Jeff

· Junior Charter Member
2,916 Posts
Picture please!!!!

....and price.

This issue has been on my mind. I would rather stay cable operated.

I have forged pedals and keep wondering if that is good enough.

· Registered
648 Posts
I'm interested in the mod also! I have the forged pedals and want to get everything setup so this is not a worry or an issue down the road.

Mike, do you have pictures of what's required to modify the firewall/footbox?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.