Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like to ask what is best to adhere this stuff to the alum.and do you glue the carpet right on top of this stuff.
thanks, charlie

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Dynamat is self stick if you get the roller . I dont know what you have , but if you could elaborate perhaps we could help more. Bob

·
BLUE.II
2,058 Posts
I have the non-stick stuff from JC Whitney. I used 3M High Strength contact cement spray ($15 can stuff) to stick the matting to the aluminum and also the carpet to the matting.

It all wotked out fine.

·
Junior Charter Member
104 Posts
I recently used "fatmat" to insulate and deaden sound. It has a peel back surface on one side that adheres directly to aluminum and the other side is a foiled backing that the carpet is glued directly to using a good adhesive, I used 3M spray. Go to fatmat.com and several companies are listed. Hope this helps.

Glen

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
I think most of the self stick stuff does just that, provided you prep/clean the surface. I've been using a scuff pad and acetone to clean the alum first, and if anything Fatmat is to sicky. You must get the insulation perfectly aligned as you apply it, as pulling it back off to re-align is difficult at best.

·
Junior Charter Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry, I shoulda told you that, thanks dhungerf I got the same insulation from jc whitney, it's about 3/8 thick? I also bought some of that asphalt deadener I just havenen't decided where I will use it. thanks again, Charlie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts