Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator,
879 Posts
Here’s my two cents worth (way over priced). MAACO usually has pretty good equipment (paint booth, water traps, etc.) when compared to smaller body shops (I know that some smaller shops have good equipment too, but many don’t). What typically makes paint jobs from MAACO look bad is poor bodywork and poor taping. Most people don’t realize that any imperfections in primer will be magnified 10 tens when painted. Also, you often cannot see imperfections, you have to feel them with your hands. My advice is to have the painter go over the car and point out any imperfections in the bodywork to you. If he says it will show in the final paint, believe him (the darker the color, the more it will show). I learned the hard way too many times when I first started doing bodywork. As far as sanding the whole car, this shouldn’t be necessary. The painter should scuff the car and wipe it down with a de-glosser / cleaner before painting. A sealer is always a good idea. Good luck.

Galt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.