Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind it is some thing where it turns words on all websites into links...called "top text links".. Any ideas how to get rid of it?

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
It may not be the Forum. I think (I'm guessing) you've been "infected" by a software program that links you to other sites every time you click on one of those highlighted words as a way to induce you to buy something. It's a royal pain. You need Spyware for your PC. This happened to me when browsing auto parts sites and it took a long time to clean up.

I'm not expert though - any PC guys to chime in?

·
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will just reformat...that is easier.

One of my friends went on my computer today and thought it would be funny to go to a bunch of random websites....what a dick...

I am the network admin for our house and have the keys to the network closet...I will just unplug his connection for a few weeks and see who is laughing then.

·
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just checked how many processes were running...OVER 50!!! and 20 of them were unknown junk. Time to reformat

·
5,206 Posts
It really is easier to run a couple of spy ware programs to remove the problem.

Unless you have another reason for re-formating, I would not do it.

Think of the time to re-do all the programs, even if you have a good backup. Then the time comsuming updates etc..

Mike

·
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It needs to be reformatted, the computer is on non stop for the last year and it is acting screwy in general.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Aaron, sorry to hear about your difficulties. When you get done fixing the root cause of the problem, you should consider installing a good anti-virus program to help prevent this type of incident from occuring in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts