Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at every post, past and present. Does anyone have a picture of their EFI, painless wiring, 3G alternator wiring. Where does the 915, 914, 960,other wires go? A nice picture of the back of the alternator would help.

·
6,546 Posts
Easiest setup is to get a "1" wire setup from www.pa-performance.com

Then the painless white alternator "exciter" wire goes to the 12V+ connection and the battery connection (the beeeeig heavy one) just goes from the back of the alternator to the B+ heavy gauge input on the starter solenoid.

Much simpler IMHO.

http://www.pa-performance.com/display.asp?sku=28&rP=searching,[email protected]+and+Wire+Kits,[email protected]

"3G Regulator Plug (2-wire type only)
Plugs and Wire Kits
Part # 462802B $12.95 Each
Suggested Retail Price: $18.00
YOU SAVE $5.05!
Conversion Regulator Plug
This is a 3-wire regulator plug specifically for the installation of a Ford 3G alternator on any vehicle where no stock wiring will be re-used

For those who want a “1-Wire type hookup” using this plug is the closest possible configuration to a 1-wire using a Ford 3G Series Alternator

Installation only requires the customer run a wire from a key-on/off ignition source to this plug and a large (#6 or #4 gauge) wire from the output of the alternator to the vehicle harness"

Regards,

Bill

·
Registered
675 Posts
Here is a diagram of how I did my wiring. I showed an earlier version to painless and they suggested this setup. The "A S I" terminals on the alternator are the three wire plug that Ozona shows in his post. The other " S " terminal is the one wire plug on the back of the alternator. Hope this helps.

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Craig, my 914 white wire comes from the fuse block not the ignition switch. My 8ga wire would go to directly to the starter relay not spliced into the 916. Otherwise everything else seems to work the same. Does this look right?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Wilsonf,

You are correct, the 914 wire comes from the fuse box, but is hot only when the ignition is on. I drew it from the ignition switch to remind me that it is switched.

If you run the 8 ga wire directly to the starter relay then you would lose the protection of the maxi-fuse. That's why Painless had me run it through the maxi-fuse as shown in the drawing.

Regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts