Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Cascade Cobra folks, maybe ck-out some of these vids by Robert Merz over on You Tube . He made some nice motorcycle vids of Idaho/Oregon "Scenic Byways". I've been on most,if not all of them. This is the type of roads/country that Mel & I like to drive in. Just saying--lol
Butch

PS
Another kinda good vid on You Tube, "Head East 2012"

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Some more great roads over in E. Oregon for Mel/me next summer. Just saying--lol
These vids on "You Tube" to ck-out:

1. "hwy 245 Oregon" (by Jim Zeager)
2. "gs hunt on hwy 245" (by Jim Zeager)

Many, many great roads over thata ways folks--just saying (come on summer!)
Butch

PS
Thomas, these rds are calling you! (lots, lots of twisties, straights, great condition,miles,miles (no cars), run as fast as you want!!:wink2: Again, just saying

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone viewed any of the vids(or other vids) that I posted here? Any comments, ideas or input ,ect? Just asking---

Butch

·
Junior Charter Member
2,688 Posts
I'm computer challenged, I need a link. I'm all for hitting some roads less traveled as long as they are in decent shape!

Thomas

PS: I just bought my first smart phone (Galaxy S-7), and am a little overwhelmed with all it's functions. The Costco rebate and free accessories were too good to pass up. My friends have been giving me grief for years not being able to text me, then my boss at work piled on as well.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Thomas, you're going to love your S7 once you learn some of the features. I haven't learned all of them yet but the ones I use so far are really making my life easier. And the cameras on these new phones is so good, you may not need a stand alone camera any more.
Heck,my son watches full length movies and videos on his.

Butch, I second the motion that you plan some club outings on your "roads less travelled".... just saying..... :)

Bob

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad I spiked some interest in maybe driving some "Roads Less Traveled". lol. Just saying !!:grin2:. Mel & I will now have "all" summers off (no more CORE classes during summer) YAHOO! Thomas, just go to "You Tube",scroll down to vid section and type in the "name" of vids I posted above. The roads in E. Oregon are truly in very nice condition with great views,twisties, long straights,ect. The vid of " Lil Dragon" (hwy 245) the rd is only 14mi long with over 188 curves and just paved 2yrs ago!! Mel & I (O K, Mel) have driven on some trips over a 1,000mi and no LEOs!! Crazy, but true! Just saying! I'm not much of a "Wagon Master"(like Don C.) when putting a road trip together.
Mel & I just kinda have a direction and a place to stay, than just head that way, but on the" Roads Less Traveled". Again, just saying--:wink2:
Butch
PS, Lets talk this over @ X-Mas party!?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Still no back to school yet(bad weather). 22 days off with X-mas break ! Been looking(bored) at more vids on roads to drive this summer and also places to maybe stay via VRBO,ect. Some very nice places to stay over that way that can sleep from 2 to ? people. I think(know) a person could drive very nice back country rds from here to clear over to Baker/Sumpter/ Union/ Medical Springs area and than come back home via different back country rds. The "Roads Less Traveled". No Inter- State/Major Hwys,ect. Just saying--:grin2:
Butch

PS
Thomas, some of the motorcycle folks were doing like 110,120, 135MPH in some safe places!(lol)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thomas,

Has your new S-7 gone up in flames yet?:eek:

Don H

·
Registered
466 Posts
Still no back to school yet(bad weather). 22 days off with X-mas break ! Been looking(bored) at more vids on roads to drive this summer and also places to maybe stay via VRBO,ect. Some very nice places to stay over that way that can sleep from 2 to ? people. I think(know) a person could drive very nice back country rds from here to clear over to Baker/Sumpter/ Union/ Medical Springs area and than come back home via different back country rds. The "Roads Less Traveled". No Inter- State/Major Hwys,ect. Just saying--:grin2:
Butch

PS
Thomas, some of the motorcycle folks were doing like 110,120, 135MPH in some safe places!(lol)
With all the snow days you will have to make up you may not get a summer. Time to bundle up, snow chains or studs and put some miles on. Just kidding. Hope to make some great overnight runs with you both this summer.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Matt, good to hear from ya! Yes, would love to have you guys come along with Mel & me on some trips "if'en" you are in town long enough?LOL I have some great ideas for road trips this summer, but, you will have to sleep in a bed(no benches anywhere that I know of?! (lol). :grin2:
Butch

PS
Headed out to Mel's(no puter out there) before storm hits here again!:surprise:
PSS
Matt, did your new Porsche come in yet? Mel & I wanna a ride in it this summer!!:wink2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts