Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tracked it down. Thanks. LK motorsports built the car.

Have friend who just bought an FFR from a lien sale and we are trying to find out is history, owners, kit number, etc. All that came from the lien sale was a clean SB100 title. Here is what we know about the car.

1. Built by a professional builder, we think in So. Cal? maybe Long Beach area? Registered in 2002 and has SB 100 registration.

2. Mark II. FFR frame number is 2418, this is not the kit number, which is what we need.

3. Silver with burnt Orange stripes.

4. Hildebrands w/knock offs

5. 351 stroked to 396, electric water pump, engine bay is powercoated blue.

5. White face Autometers.

Believe it at had 2 owners, one (maybe first) of whom was an airline pilot in LA area, got reassigned overseas? first name maybe Greg or Gary.

Anyone have any info?

[ December 31, 2005, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Bill32 ]

·
Super Moderator
29,364 Posts
If you have the VIN, you can run it through CARFAX

·
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill, but that won't give us the Kit number, owners or much of anything else.

When is your GT 40 kit arriving?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just did a FFCObra search and found this :

Member Status: Junior Charter Member
Member Number: 324
Email Address: [email protected]hotmail.com
Car Make/Model: FFR Cobra
Engine Type: 302
Car Color: Black
FFR No.: 2418

·
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Craig. However, the # 2418 we have is the frame number, not the kit number. suspect the kit number is about 3480-3520? The one you found also is wrong engine and color.

Hopefully someone will recognize the car.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Bill,

I would suspect that FFR can give you the kit number from the frame #, They are a package

They may not be allowed to give you a whole lot more than that but it is a good place to try.

Worth a call to them I would think.

Also.
You might be able to get copies of DMV paper work used to title the car - meaning the MCO which has the kit on it. Most of that stuff is scanned and cross referenced to the title.

Request would be something like "Origional title application with MCO or other supporting documents for CA issued VIN #xxxxxxx." Usually a fee per page and a wait for a couple of days to a couple of weeks.
If it has not changed hands too many times you might get lucky.
Some states have online access to the documents at the local DMV offices, but will only do lookups during slow periods.

Good luck

·
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found it. Built by LK motorsports. Talked to Lang this afternoon, got all the info. thanks for everyone's help.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts