Factory Five Racing Forum banner

solid motor mounts???

605 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  JAM1775 
#1 ·
Guys
what are the best solid mounts to lower engine and give best adjustability ? i need to get sidepipes to line up to the cutouts.
thanks! (MarkII with 4 into 4s and 93 mustang cobra engine.)
PG

#2 ·
have you tried the convertable mounts?...they are shorter

#3 ·
I just ordered Energy Suspension Poly mounts,Part #4-1124G.They are suppose to be the same thickness as stock convertable,only stiffer.I know they arent solid,but they are an option.HTH Bart

#4 ·
You need to stop and think twice before using solid motor mounts. Do a search on here for them. There are some great discussions and cautions. They cause a lot of vibration.

When height is a concern, I think most use convertible or the Energy Suspension poly mounts.

#5 ·
How far off are the pipes? I had to do some trimming of my exhaust cutouts. A little shave here and there is normal.

#8 ·
I used Moroso solid mounts ( since'99) Summit part # MOR-62544 at $69. . Don't know what you are looking for in lowering but I'm sure you could fabricate a little more room with a good welder. As shown in the Summit book they are 2.5" high. From the frame mount to the block including the block bracket it measures total 4.5".

#9 ·
Only caution from me is no solid tranny mount with solid engine mounts. Turns the drivetrain into a "stressed member." Yeah yeah, lots of torsional stiffness in the FFR frame, but it still flexes, and with the engine/tranny not isolated, that flexing can go thru the combo.

d

#10 ·
Originally posted by KC Wildcat:
You need to stop and think twice before using solid motor mounts. Do a search on here for them. There are some great discussions and cautions. They cause a lot of vibration.

When height is a concern, I think most use convertible or the Energy Suspension poly mounts.
I disagree entirely, especially with a stockish 302. They'll be just fine. I DO agree with using a stock rubber or poly trans mount with the solid engine mounts however.

I run solid mounts with a longer arm 408 stroker and it's still relatively smooth.

You can get solid, drop mounts from a company called HPM motorsports. They make them 3/4" lowering and are intended to give you hood clearance when running a 351W in a Mustang.
Part number is HPM-6000-BZ. They'll bolt right up and do the job for you.

I will PM you the link to a site that sells them, rather than violate any forum decorum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.