Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Hand Jabba the Hut
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Nemo moved north to Bakersfield, CA. The new owner is a retired Corrections Officer, who has just fulfilled a childhood dream of owning one of these cars. I was sad to see it drive off, but also so glad for all the wonderful friendships I've made!! I'm not going anywhere. Much to my wives chagrin, I do plan to replace it with something fun. But more family friendly. (67-68 coupe Mustang)

I will still be on here. I will be at Motor4Toys, Lomoncobra, and Huntjngton Beach! I am still a huge Cobra and Shelby fan. None of that changes.

I just might need to bum a ride. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Classic car

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2,625 Posts
Don.....I'm sure the new owner is simply thrilled to have such a beautiful car as Nemo!! Your friendship and awesome support of this community is a model for others, and while you may no longer own one of these cars, you will forever be a welcome member here!! I look forward to seeing your new project, and to visiting with you at future events!

Karen

3,796 Posts
Don,
Glad to hear that you will still be around. Now there will be a new owner to join in the fun ( you did tell them that attendance at HB was a part of the sale?). I am looking forward to your next project.
Doug

2,990 Posts
Sorry to see Nemo go but I’m glad you were able to find a buyer. It’s tough to find people with money in this economy. It seems to be the natural progression to go from an FFR to a 60’s car of some kind. For me and my daughter it’s a 1965 Comet convertible. Good luck on your hunt for the Mustang.

· Registered
1,392 Posts
Sounds like it went to a good home. Hope you find the Mustang you're looking for, there's a lot of good ones out there.

· Registered
40 Posts
Nemo

The car performed great on the way home. It took about two hours, turned a lot of heads and got a lot of thumbs up. It is a fantastic car. I'm very happy with it. I will try to get together with you for Hungington Beach.

· Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. NEMO is a GREAT car!!

· Registered
567 Posts
Wow, your car was an icon for me! I'm sure it went to a good home. Happy trails.

· Registered
2,302 Posts
man, you must have hated that car to send it to bakersfield. I would not even send a rusted pinto there. Poor car.. :(

LOL!!!!

· Too much is just enough.
5,857 Posts
That really is not very nice, I thought this was friendly, supportive community. Guess not.
Man this group is gonna have a lot of fun with you. Fresh meat boys, let the games begin. :)

· Registered
1,392 Posts
That really is not very nice, I thought this was friendly, supportive community. Guess not.
It generally is. There are many examples of FFR owners helping each out and solving problems.

Many may not realize Bakersfield's decades of hot rod and racing history. There's the March Meet at the Famoso Raceway, plus a long history of NASCAR and drag racing.

· Registered
2,302 Posts
Jokes guys... its joking around... :(

· Registered
567 Posts
Wow. Kinda like my wife's workplace. They're stomping all over the first amendment there, can't even tell a joke.

· We know what you're up to
4,700 Posts
Welcome to the fun Mick! Don't worry, QSL is a good dude, he's just having a little fun. Enjoy that ride. Nemo, better post some pics of your next project!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.