Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where mine is now? I sent it off months ago to "the Last Mark II" in Utah.

·
Premium Member
9,693 Posts
Dale, what is this tool, where would I get one, and do I need it to install the FFR tonneau? Thanks, John

·
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, both the FFR tonneau and soft top requires Lift A Dots; the pins do into the body (ugh) and the grommets get attached to the tonneau/soft top material (to snap onto the pins). The FFR instructions sort of guide you, but you should download the soft top instructions from Whitbys (Forum vendor) and that will do it for you; soft top/tonneau are the same except for the window holes. The grip tool is a pliers-type device used to center and punch the holes for the grommet in the soft top or tonneau; it costs $200+. There is a "hand" punch available for ~$25-$40. The other option is to press the grommet into the fabric at the desired location and cut at the indents with a razor blade; very slow, but effective. Trying to locate my grip tool so I can lend it to a local FFR member. Cheers. Any questions aboy the tonneau installation, let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts