Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a Cobra and doing some research on hard tops and soft. My question about the soft top is how is it with the windows out? Will it hold up in high winds? Also how is it with the windows closed? Thank for your input.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
621 Posts
As an update on my premium top, I've driven 80ish with the side curtains out, no problem at all. The curtains work well also.

John

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As an update on my premium top, I've driven 80ish with the side curtains out, no problem at all. The curtains work well also.

John
What top is it? Where did you get it?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,215 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
The curtains work well, just make sure you provide for ventilation of some sort. It gets stuffy quick, especially down here with our humidity.

John

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
20 Posts
If you live in a climate where rain, snow or persistent sunshine is the norm, or if you don't have a covered garage to store your vehicle, you may invest in a hard top. But soft tops are less expensive and look classic!

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
I'm in the market for a Cobra and doing some research on hard tops and soft. My question about the soft top is how is it with the windows out? Will it hold up in high winds? Also how is it with the windows closed? Thank for your input.
I have the Whitby soft top. I just drove my MK4 from Central PA to Upstate SC (700 miles) last week. I started in 27°F. Top was up and side curtains in. I have an FFR heater and seat heaters and was not cold at all. Drove with a hooded sweatshirt over my t-shirt. There are a couple air leaks, but again, I was far from uncomfortable.
When I got to southern VA, it was mid-50s, so the side curtains came out. I was on I-77 then I-85 the rest of the way, so 70mph speed limits and maybe saw the north side of that on rare occasion0:). When I stopped just across the NC/SC state line, the top came down and it was 67-70°F. 11hrs of beautiful driving!

I have had to use my top a couple times and am happy I have it. Unlike many others, I like the look of the Lift-A-Dot studs sticking up on the body and have them at the front of the cockpit also for the Whitby tonneau. I think it adds a bit of classic-look, which was the general theme of my build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts