Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not a waxer
11,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a message over the weekend from a builder who had seen me mention that I put bodies on and take them off by myself. He said with this whole social distancing thing going on it was going to be a while before he could get a helper or two to come lend a hand and he was really wanting to get the body back off of his chassis. I told him that if he could wait a day or two I'd be pulling one off and would show him. This morning when I was ready to yank it I set my phone up on a box and hit record. As I said in the video you go through the same motions whether you're flying solo or have help---raise the rear, go forward and then raise the front. Reverse the steps for putting them back on. Hope that helps!

Let's see if this works:

[video=facebook_share;2671380806317944]

·
Charter Member
3,431 Posts
You cheated you took the doors off first :)
Did you have a brace on from the dash to the rear of the cockpit?
Nice work.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,723 Posts
Got to love it. The video is 2'35" long and not only is the body off the car, but it includes time to walk from the phone and back to the phone afterwards. One thing I notice is that the straps are not the common ratchet style but the pull and self lock type. Great technique Mr Kliener.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Jeff, when you are installing a painted body, do you use the same system, or do you get helpers ??

·
Not a waxer
11,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Jeff, when you are installing a painted body, do you use the same system, or do you get helpers ??
Same but move a little slower, add padding to the brace and hooks and use a spreader contraption to keep the body away from the hinges as it goes down.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts