Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this should be in the registration dicussion forum, because it's not really a discussion.

two people told me that the number to call is on the DMV paperwork, but i see nothing.

ideas?

want to see me with my plates? bigger smile than ice cream, i promise!!!

thanks in advance for help

·
Premium Member
5,527 Posts
I called a local automotive electrical repair shop and they were able to give me a nuumber for the closest place.
I know there are all over but it may be worth getting feedback on a shop before going. The one I used was a breeze, in out in 45 min, although there was no headlight adjustment some got.

Good luck

·
Registered
934 Posts
I didn't have to do one Eddie. I think it changes depending on who's processing your paperwork at the DMV. You could try calling the BAR, or go thru a place like MattT lists above.

Good Luck.

Jeff

·
1,569 Posts
The approved repair shops are listed on the State DMV website. Call first. All of the shops in my hometown no longer do the inspection.

·
BLUBLUR
990 Posts
Eddie,

I went to one locally (Oxnard), took the guy 3 minutes...turned head lights on, signals, brake lights, back up light not required, peeked through the front rim with a flashlight to "check" rotor, car never left the same spot.............cost me about $80 for both certificates.

If you were closer, I would recommend and go with you to this place.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will look on the state dmv website

getting close

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
subscribing

·
1,569 Posts
Hey, it's worth the drive to Oxnard! BluBlur just saved you a lot of wasted time.

My local Chevy dealer wanted to "test" my brakes for four hours. NOT!!! I took mine to a friendly shop too.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
Eddie,

go here: http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/stdpage.asp?Body=/Consumer/default.htm

on that page the second section down under "Station and Technician Licenses and Disciplinary History"

on the right hand side you can search for Brake and Lamp Stations that are licensed by the state. Usually, each station is licensed for both Brake and Lamp certificates.

as a reference point, i paid $80 for both certs, $40 each. they did not drive my car, and did not require a backup light or hazard flashers.

Good luck!

·
8,356 Posts
Eddie, is the end in sight? Good luck!!!

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks pete, i could not find the info on my own

need to decide on a plate!!!

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
man, i don't want to make fun of anyone, but most of those store owners have names i can't pronounce!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.