Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying I have the cash needed to Purchase and Complete my kit.

I also have Many Credit card accounts and always carry a "$0" Balance until I feel they can work to my benefit.

Here's what I normally do if I am going to do a Large purchase and want to keep my cash working for me.

I Called my various Credit Card Companys and negotiated the lowest APR and Highest Credit line availible to me.

Believe me, They want your $$$ Business, so they Do negotiate.
The Lowest APR I found was 6.99%.

Now I call back each Credit card company and ask for the best Deal I can get on Balance transfers.

One comes back with a Fixed 2.99% APR for the Life of the Loan.
(I Stay away from Variable APR Offers)

I purchase the kit with the Company @ 6.99% and as soon it is posted to the account, I do my Balance Transfer to 2.99% to the other Account.

Bottom line: I purchased and Financed my FFR IRS kit @ a Fixed 2.99 APR.

I'm sure More Balance tranfer Offers will be sent to me.

Last time I used this Strategy on my last project, one Credit Card Companys sent me an offer for 0% APR for 9 Monthhs on Balance Transfers.

That was easy,

All I had to do was divide my current balance by 9 and send that amount monthly and they recieved 0% interest on that purchase.

I hate Credit Cards Companies.

Can't You Tell?

Capt Al

·
7,097 Posts
I'll be using my Carnival Cruise lines card to pay the balance due and then since the $$ is sitting in the bank, will pay it off when the bill comes. Then, I will have a significant amount of points built up toward our next cruise!
Of course you could do the same with airline points, Ford/GM auto purchase point etc. The key is to pay it off to avoid the interest penalties.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,021 Posts
Just paid for mine on my United Airlines Visa and got double miles - enough for a round trip ticket to anywhere in the continental US.

Great bargaining tool when talking with the wife

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.