Factory Five Racing Forum banner

101 - 120 of 2246 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
49 Posts
I think this is one of those "big" days in the life of a build. Slipped the engine in after much procrastination over what can go wrong. Took all of 12 minutes (after everything was set up.) Like puting a tight fitting sock on. I can't imagine putting a true 427FE in here. It's a tight fit. It's really looking like a car now. FYI, this is the 427W from Ford Racing.

I've never posted a photo so I hope this works.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5274352526

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5274347638

If they didn't post, here's the photo site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looks like I wasn't the only one dropping an engine in.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Still rollin' the cockpit edges. Not a quick easy task, but a rewarding one.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Just finished my quick release (push pins) front spoiler, got tired of the FFR spoiler getting bent,, wraped up under the car this way I can run either the FFR alluminum one or the conveyor belt material on the same frame and remove it in 10 seconds

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
I wasn't having nearly as much fun as you guys.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Picked up and installed heavier duty than what comes with the fresh air foot box 3" lines. Aligned the front end, toe, caster, camber. Rear IRS is next...

·
Registered
342 Posts
I finally installed the proper power steering line for my hydroboost brakes. Wow, power brakes are nice. If anybody was wondering, you can run hydroboost brakes without power steering.

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Got in some good time this week, got the doors fit and the gaps set. Working on the trunk lid then will be about ready for the first coats of high build primer.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I put the body on today, hooked up the lights and mounted the roll bars. It looks like a real car.

·
Registered
567 Posts
More Phun

Took the body off the body buck flipped it upside down to get it ready to under coat with bed liner. I also drove my go kart around my neighborhood and set off some car alarms...

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
21,368 Posts
Worked on the ABS some more. Troubleshooting the wiring due to several faults codes which disable the ABS during self diags. The wire drawings don't match the wire colors on several pins to the controller. Frustrating.

Greg

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Installed Goodyear flexable fuel filler hose, got rid of the clunkly metal elbow

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I rearranged some wiring and am getting really close to the electrical being done and I re-ran my front brake lines since I was never really happy with them. It was a great day in the garage.

·
Junior Charter Member
143 Posts
Installed the front splash panels and radiator aluminum. Drilled and set the kirkey brackets on the drivers side highback seat. Good Times.

Rich

101 - 120 of 2246 Posts