Factory Five Racing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 2246 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,526 Posts
Painted.the timing cover, installed the oil pump, torqued the heads.
progress is a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Plan A to bolt down the seat, didn't work out so I revised my thinking and went with plan B.. I worked all day getting my hardware set up and was fitting every thing in nicely when I drilled through the bottom and hit a brake line.. Got fed up and went inside fixed dinner haven't done any more... One step forward two steps back...Tomorrow... JJ
This is kind of odd Quoting one's self. This thread started yesterday. Today I got back into it after church and a trip to Home Depo.. I don't know how you other guys mount seats with out tracks and all my side and back panels are still off... It was still a major PITA.. I got the one seat mounted and the other one 90% done. I am using OEM seats from an Integra... All the bottom sliders were cut off to lower the seats and then I used universal sliders to reinstall them in the Cobra. I mounted the sliders on the bottom of the seats inside towards the center which allowed it to skim about a 1/2" off the bottom.. With the tracks I could move them forward then backward to line up to drill holes an such.. Major PITA. I had to do a lot of custom work on the seat to make em work... a couple of pics

·
iBuild
5,824 Posts
I went to breakfast with a bunch of Cobra guys, does that count?

Thought about cleaning up the side pipes and giving them a coat of paint before putting them on the car. December is a tough month though...

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
pulled the engine out

and cut the drivers foot box, made 2 new panels out of 1/8 inch aluminum plate, i picked up major room in the engine bay by moving the wiring harnes to the passenger side and cutting the footbox.
i also moved out the gas peddle side and the area near the tranny.
lots of better leg room by doing some tin-knockin, my sheet metal worker buddies would be proud.

·
Unconventional Builder
5,498 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
103 Posts
So what did I do to my roadster today

Installed my seat belt bezels (Michael Everson) for the driver and passenger sides, Installed front and rear rubber bumper grommets (Finish Line). Today I am picking up my repaired gas cap from the machine shop. Will post the results of that project after I pick it up.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,137 Posts
Figured out the cut lines for the aluminum panels and fiberglass part on a new secret project. Cutting out the pieces on Tues. and then fab, cutting, installing after. Will be very, very cool, and unique.

And, no, it's not the rear flares, though I have an additional idea for them.......

·
Senior Charter Member
6,298 Posts
More Progress, but still slow

I have spend the past few work days (that is, the time I have to put in on the FFR) fitting my Full Nose Cone.

This one shows the upper section where I installed a couple tabs to hold the lap seam in place. I still need to install some fastiners at the rear of the lap joint but I'll do those after I pull the body and take the nose cone off. I also have a stiffener to add to the upper back of the Nose Cone to hold the part above the radiator in a straight line and have a place to attach the foam weather stripping.

This shows the passenger side, and the bottom. The channel along the side is for stiffening the side. It is attached to an outside angle, that is also where the mounts for the Nose Cone attach to the chassis. I may also add a turning vane (some call a splitter) to these after I get the condenser installed.

This sows the driver side, and the bottom. The yellow cap is a plug in the A/C tube that penetrates the side of the Nose Cone. The other A/C line passes through the opening in the upper right (driver side) of the Nose Cone. The fastiners at the front, at the bottom, hold a stiffener channel in place, they don't connect to the chasis or the body.

Regards, Rick.

·
Senior Charter Member
887 Posts
I started it

And warmed it up a little.....too wet to drive tho.....

Mike

·
cap'n hook
1,679 Posts
I stood with a beer in my hand, sippin' Jack, staring at it and smilin' as I was anticipating my 17 days off come Friday morning. During which time I will finish my chassis mods to fit my BB SIX and AODE. I also plan on adding more insulation the the garage ceiling.

Jim

·
Registered
11,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
it was raining so I could not put my work table outside the garage door. I put a pile of blankets on the trunk of the roadster so I could work on my custom grill for my Tacoma

·
Premium Member
5,526 Posts
Worked on the new firewall last night. Moved it 2"

61 - 80 of 2246 Posts