Factory Five Racing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2255 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,015 Posts
Well, yesterday I installed the Breeze seat mounts and put the seats in #7073.

........also temporarily bolted the "period correct" style shift handle on and stared at it,,,,,trying to figure out the best way to make it tip down more and not be too bulky at the rubber boot.
Then I went home, as it I seem to have caught a cold and just felt crappy.

·
The TALL Guy
479 Posts
Palm Beach Raceway (aka Moroso)

Took it to the track with Hooked On Driving...

(5) 30 minute sessions, drove it pretty hard,...ran great....at the end of the night there we're only (3) cars in the final session with me.

Perfect temps and weather.

Bryan

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I drove it, drove it hard 2 days in a row. Sometimes I forget how fast this thing is...Still brings a big ol' grin to my face.

Michael S.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
Nothing, it was raining sideways most of the morning, so I went over a friends garage and worked on his 1957 Chevy Hot Rod. All in all a good day.
Tim

·
1,056 Posts
Installed windshield quick mounts.

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
22,193 Posts
Made up and installed the last two ABS brake lines. It was 25* and snowing. 40* in the garage.

Greg

·
Registered
898 Posts
Temp in the garage in mid 70's. Watched my painter finish polishing the body while I wired up the headlights and turn signals. Everything worked as advertised and the body looks beautiful(I hate getting on a roll and having to stop cause of work). I'll post a picture when I get home.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Made up and installed the last two ABS brake lines. It was 25* and snowing. 40* in the garage.

Greg
Deja Vu!
25 degrees and snowing here in Indiana. just came in from the shop, it was so warm in there at 44 F, i didn't even fire up the salamander!
I freed up all of the wiring to the ABS unit so it can be installed in the trunk. got sick of figuring out how to mount it up front where it would look good.

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,306 Posts
what did i do today

today it snowed 6 inchs then freezing rain started and is still going strong' so I retreated to the garage. I relocated the oil reservoir from the master cyslinder to a more convinient location, secured all power steering lines (finally found some clamps I like). And di a little paint work on the hood hinges..

quite a good day:smoke:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
40 degrees in my garage.Wet rainy day here. Braved the cold long enough to switch out a plastic 1.5 hose joiner for a aluminum Speedway Motors 1.5 X 6" tube in the lower hose. Ordered some gas lifts for the trunk and about $40.00 in stainless bolts from McMaster Carr. Ordered some cooling parts from Jegg's. Off to the basement now to work on a mold for a fan shroud. Its warm in the basement...

·
Finally finished?
536 Posts
20 inches of snow here last night followed by high of 5 degrees with a stiff wind. After we spent all morning digging out I did get a little time to install my seats with the breeze kit. How in the heck do you get those back nuts on and tighten them? Do I need to have my 8 year old do it cause no man hands are gettin back there?

Rob

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
20 inches of snow here last night followed by high of 5 degrees with a stiff wind. After we spent all morning digging out I did get a little time to install my seats with the breeze kit. How in the heck do you get those back nuts on and tighten them? Do I need to have my 8 year old do it cause no man hands are gettin back there?

Rob
I hope you have heat in your garage! We are heading into the teens for a couple of nights. Once the floor in my garage soaks up that kind of cold for a few days it takes the fun out of going out there for very long.
You might try taping the nuts to a long wrench, after they get started you can pull the tape off.

·
Junior Charter Member
209 Posts
Last week I went for my Ohio state inspection, they dinged me for not having a windshield washer sprayer set up. Today I installed a resivor, pump wiring and tested the operation of the pump. Hopefully the finishline nozzles will arrive early next week and I can get my vin number plate!

Matt

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
Prepared a few more parts for the powdercoater: drilled the chassis for the brake line tabs, fit the rollbar, etc... Just a few more little things and a bunch of stuff can get coated and installed.

Not a bad way to spend a day that is 20 degrees with snow blowing in the 50 mph winds... it's gonna be a long winter.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,860 Posts
Doors and hood on for the first time.........

·
Registered
701 Posts
Installed Mike Forte front sway bar, Drilled holes and installed rivnuts for seats, Finished lower radiator Mount

Roller Dec. 04th 2010
Vredestin 245/45R17 Front 315/35R17 Rear

http://ffr7347build.blogspot.com/

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,235 Posts
Pulled 6043 out of the garage to get Christmas decorations out. Cleaned that bay. Put 6043 back in said garage. Still feeling like [email protected] with head cold but really wanted to drive today....it was 78°. :sad:

41 - 60 of 2255 Posts