Factory Five Racing Forum banner

2321 - 2330 of 2330 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
662 Posts
Good job on the loop.
Have you considered taking that cast iron weight off the rear axle?
Ford put it on for noise, vibration and harshness reduction. It serves no purpose on your car.
If you are doubtful and want to try it both ways, it easily removes and can be reinstalled.
Hot rodders call it a dog bone weight, if you want to google.
Thanks,
This is my dads car and he’s racing against my car next month so he can keep his unnecessary weight ;)

My cobra doesn’t have the weight and I took it off my foxbody mustang too, didn’t notice a difference on the mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Junior Charter Member
662 Posts
Hey SC210ford,

Beaut looking car.

Cheers, Nigel
Thanks, this one belongs to my dad, it’s a great colour combination you don’t see often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
5 years later killing time waiting for a part I got around to finishing the trunk. Was moving boxes around & came across the material I had bought back when I was building the car.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Took a break from the COBRA & did something I said I absolutely would not do. Mod the Z4. Was checking for leaks etc when this horror hit my eye. A reasonably expensive car with portable baby highchair support braces. They had to go. Got two CNC cut solid bars from BMS the guys who do the JB4 tuner kits for BMW & other makes with turbos.

Portable Baby Highchair Braces. A hollow tube with squished ends.

BMS CNC solid bar braces

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,732 Posts
Nice. Been eying their JB4 for my C400. Trying ’not to mod’ the daily driver!

Took a break from the COBRA & did something I said I absolutely would not do. Mod the Z4. Was checking for leaks etc when this horror hit my eye. A reasonably expensive car with portable baby highchair support braces. They had to go. Got two CNC cut solid bars from BMS the guys who do the JB4 tuner kits for BMW & other makes with turbos.

View attachment 359858
Portable Baby Highchair Braces. A hollow tube with squished ends.

View attachment 359859
BMS CNC solid bar braces

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Nice. Been eying their JB4 for my C400. Trying ’not to mod’ the daily driver!
Been running BMS stuff since 2011. Was a JB4 beta tester for the BMW 335is 7DCT coupe. Still have a JB4 on my 2013 BMW 135is Roadster. Will most likely cave down the road & get one for the Z4. Right now Draggy says 3.9 to 60mph. First time I get my butt kicked in the Z4 will get a JB4 for it.

Cobra is a killer with sub 3 second runs when it all comes together. Car has a big traction problem even with 315 traction rated 100 compound NITTO NT-01 tires. Can do 3.1/3.2 all day long but sub 3 is very elusive.

Reactions: Redfish

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,732 Posts
Good stuff, and good to know the product is proven. All the JB4 reviews on the MB forum show incredible results. Definitely a bang for the buck, especially a used unit. I still may do it, we'll see.

I need to enter the Draggy world, still kickin' a very old Gtech!

Been running BMS stuff since 2011. Was a JB4 beta tester for the BMW 335is 7DCT coupe. Still have a JB4 on my 2013 BMW 135is Roadster. Will most likely cave down the road & get one for the Z4. Right now Draggy says 3.9 to 60mph. First time I get my butt kicked in the Z4 will get a JB4 for it.

Cobra is a killer with sub 3 second runs when it all comes together. Car has a big traction problem even with 315 traction rated 100 compound NITTO NT-01 tires. Can do 3.1/3.2 all day long but sub 3 is very elusive.

·
Registered
385 Posts
only took 5 yeas but i installed a battery tender plug in the cowling so i do not have to crawl underneath every fall.

Reactions: Jetheft and JRCuz
2321 - 2330 of 2330 Posts